hu Beneath The Masks: Lessons learnt

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Lessons learnt

I think people dont learn from their lessons anymore.
Remember the Superstar Concert tickets I told you about?
Turns out that none of the people I gave it to went.

So i brought up the topic intentionally to hint to them that they should be more appreciative of the things people do.. Even though people who don't know them, bringing the tickets to town for their convenience, and this is how we repay people - we make their jobs harder.

Apparently, I didnt get the message through because someone asked: "need to pay meh?"
I tell you. A fucking hour in audit can earn my company hundreds. It's not about the money. Have you people failed to see how that meant that people who wanted to go couldnt get in, and organisers could joepardise their relationships with their clients due to "lousy turnout"?

The fact is, most people that helped them didnt even get a simple "thanks". No.. all they ended up with was the embarrassment due to a probable "complication".

So that's why i'm disappointed. I cant see why none of you see it from my view.

Engineers ~~ Someone told me.
A stereotyping statement, dont you think? Considering that these are my friends?

So.. am i to say that engineers arent smart enough to see that life is not all about money?

Or should i narrow it down to a particular group? You engineers claim that people are biased against you. How about the actions you've taken for this prejudice to arise?

That's why i generally liked the business school. It doesnt mean that the people are fantastic.. you see, when though some of them sounded really fake, they never failed to thank you, to appreciate you for what you've done, and to share all the good things with you (past sem's quiz) even though it meant that you're a competitor to them. You see, they offer to do things for you!

Or is it due to some form of biasness again?

I've learnt a couple of lessons though.

  1. I've learnt never to do things that people dont appreciate, especially those that dont benefit you at all. you get left with the dirty work but you dont gain a single thing or get a single thanks. I'm pretty much sick of it.
  2. I've learnt never to plan birthdays again. People dont make it a point to mark it on their calendars, or fork out cash to buy presents. I think some of them will sleep through it if others did not remind them.
  3. I've learnt that the more i see, the more I understand that I am but an insignificant lifeform on this planet. And so are you. So that doesnt make us any different. Save the fact that I'm an undergrad.. that actually has common sense.
  4. I've learnt that it's okay to give up sometimes. I think Rong should too.. Everytime you crawl out of disappointment, somthing has to happen to push you back into the abyss again. I suggest you step onto the staircase i build for you and walk gracefully up than to grab the slippery vines that has failed you so often.
  5. I've learnt that it's okay to be selfish. Why do so much when people do little? I say we only do it for people we like. If i dont like you.. I really shouldnt waste time picking out a birthday cake for you when i can throw 5 bucks on the table and pray that someone nice (like Rong) will volunteer to take care of it.

And then conscience has to creep in and tell me that.. just maybe I really ought to learn from Rong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home