hu Beneath The Masks: My love affair with Desktop (a.k.a the computer)....

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Friday, July 15, 2005

My love affair with Desktop (a.k.a the computer)....

Yes, I had an affair with Desktop.

It started about 5yrs ago, when I was in Sec 3. I remember how I felt when He first came to me. The excitment... The anticipation... Pinching my chubby cheeks so tightly to make sure it's not just a dream.

He was PERFECT~(pronouce it as PUURRRFECT). Great "looks", sexy "voice", fulfilled my wishes with such speed and efficiency. He was always there to keep me entertained whenever I was bored. I prayed everyday that good days like these will never end. How naive i was.
Slowly, but surely, things started to deteriorate. He wasn't as fast/efficient as before. Things between us started LAGGING. No matter how hard I try, things just didn't work out. Pampering Him with upgrades... threatening to leave Him for another.. . even brainwashing Him didn't work. I consoled myself... telling myself that things like these just happens.. it's all "normal". Yes I know... I was in denial.

Recently, things got worst. There were times when I couldn't turn Him on. I tried all means to fix this problem. When I FINALLY could turn Him on, I thought everything was back to "normal". But who could have known? A few days later, I couldn't turn Him on again! This.. "on... off.. on... off" cycle drove me nuts. I was so tempted to leave Him. To just... RUN AWAY.. But somehow... I didn't. These words kept repeating themselves in my head, "Stay gal.. Don't let go...".

And so I stayed. I lost count of the number of times I wanna crack His brains out with my hammer/guitar/*fill in your own items here*. "What kept you going??", I hear people ask. Well, we did have good times together... the games... the jokes... the movies... the songs... sigh~ I kept deluding myself.. thinking I could... somehow... get things back to where they were.

But this morning, everything changed. He left me. He left me here... helpless... alone... I tried to get Him back. Hours passed... countless attempts to bring Him back to me.

Feelings of anguish... frustration.. I was utterly devastated..

I knew this day was coming. But I wasn't expecting it to be so soon. It just wasn't meant to be. So it's today... 15 July 2005... I ended my affair with Desktop.

So what have I learnt from this? Well, I can't always have my way. When something has to end, it HAS TO END. I've learnt to be grateful for all the good times I had with Desktop. I've learnt to "move on". And of course, I'm looking forward to the future.. Wish me luck!!


DISCLAIMER: To all my buddies... Dun worry about me... I'm ok.. My current affair with "Exclusion Clause" is keeping me sane.. v happy already.. And I know, this affair with "Exclusion Clause" could end the same way it did with Desktop.. But.. I'm keeping my spirits up.. Pray for me..




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home