hu Beneath The Masks: how the world sees us

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Monday, August 21, 2006

how the world sees us

i remember the first day of my literature class.
the tutor gave us a line each, with a different emotion..
it was a reply to the question: may i borrow your wheelbarrow?

i got the line: what do i look like i'm made of? wheelbarrows?

the tone: defiant.

needless to say, it was the simpliest line for me.

i'm quick to defend myself..
the "buts" usually come before my self-reflection.

but that's how i see myself.

but how do others see me?

quoting a tutorial mate on her impression:
like one of those teenage drama queens who's nothing more than an absolute bitch

no wonder i never liked her. kinda hard to live up to that expectation if you ask me.

but again, i like that definition. maybe i show more confidence than i have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home