hu Beneath The Masks: wrist

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Saturday, February 19, 2005

wrist

i'm being haunted by this image.

when i was first admitted to the hospital for an operation, i refuse to heed the doctor's advise and and crept out of my bed whenever i had the chance.
i was eight then.
carrying this little white bunny in a pink dress..
touring the corridors of the hospital.. using their handrail as a guide.
i remember i saw this little boy, older than me..
in a wheelchair. his hair was extremely short. he had an intelligent look.
but he was looking down on the floor. hard.
i approached him. curious to see what interested him.
curious to see if he had been naughty like me and hence fallen sick.
he looked up when i neared him, both of us ignoring the adults that were scurrying around.
he look at me. and i stared, as if amazed.
then i saw his hand.
from beneath the blanket.
i saw a bandaged wrist.
i saw the stained red streaks on his whole arm.
i saw him look at me.
with the same kind of melancholy i now have.
i saw me. now older, now looking at the me in the past.
looking at him.
i still dont understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home