hu Beneath The Masks: independence

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Friday, April 08, 2005

independence

i believe the key to female independence is wealth. after all, following wealth is status and power, isnt it? perhaps that is the reason why i refrain from relying too much on an individual. especially men, which i somehow have this horrifying fear of them divorcing me and running off with my money, but of course, that would mean women are no longer protected in singapore, which is not true.

perhaps that's why i wince when people tell me to get a rich boyfriend.
which i disagree, since i've never met a decent rich guy all my life.

so this scenario pops up at the back of my mind:
a woman 20 years from now, sitting alone in starbucks, with a notebook (or whatever the latest gadget is), her face caked in make up to cover those fine lines, and alone.
alone and empty.
with tones of money to spare and no one to spend it with, no time to spend it.

but of course, subconsciously, i believe that as long as money is "enough to spend" it's sufficient for me, no point working our asses for it when we have no time to spend it

and, as naruto (never fails to) remind me, study is more important, and i should refrain from my overwhelming obsession with cars and concentrate on more important things like financial management (which is driving everyone nuts) and statistical measurements (which i think hon sing will very much agree with)
"no cars" naruto proclaimed.
but again, if you're staying at the other extreme end of the country from your school, you tend to have differing views, except i cant complain much since he's just blocks away from me.
so now i'm reviewing my biased beliefs towards marriage, as well as the female independence part.

meanwhile, whoever who comes along with a proposal for abstinence from sex will probably hear this from me.
"no, i like sex very much, thank you."
basically, there are enough rules in this country, why add another obligation?
i mean, dont make promises you cant keep.
more importantly, i would love to see their reactions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home