hu Beneath The Masks: Girlfriend

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Girlfriend

you see, one fine day my mother realised that my most beloved brother has a girlfriend. he's turning 18, and my mum still insists that he's a boy.

after all, this was the boy who had a 258 for his PSLE, while his sister didnt even come close. he was mummy's favourite child.

he never breaks the rules, the teachers loved him, and he's tall and good looking, unlike his sister who's short and an insult to her parent's good genes.

so anyway, mum's obviously shocked that her little boy's in a relationship.

the girl, she claims, is an enchantress that keeps her little boy from coming home. and so she nags at her daughter that her son's rebelling against her.

so my mum reminds my dearest brother that his sister has been a good girl and didnt even dream of dating until she completed her A's. which is half-true. i didnt have to dream. i started dating since i was twelve. now she's urging me to get a boyfriend.

and my brother has been showering the girl with gifts as well. i'm not complaining. i look for stupid guys like that. except the other pre-requisite is that they earn enough money to cover my expenses. which guys like my brother obviously dont.

so the poor guy's taking up tuition to pay for his gifts for her as well as the ez-link card fares. my mum refuses to pay for them now. you cant blame her. his school a junction away, no bus required. the only reason why he has to spend on transport fees is because he has to send her home.

so i half convinced my mum that as long as he paid for his transport fees, i dont give a damn. now she's telling me that she wants to die. someone get her out of here.

Lili tells me that i'm prettier compared to his girl and i was like "hell, you're comparing me to a little girl?"

for one, if i want to make sure that a guy sends me home, he better have a car. otherwise, thank you, i know my way home. unless the newpapers reports that there's a sex maniac on the loose, i can make my way home. if you still insist that a guy has to send a girl home, picture this scenario: the guy stays in toa payoh. the girl stays in pasir ris. the poor guy would only be home 90 minutes later. which is damn sad. if you know which ex-couple i'm talking about. fine. but that's just an example.

so as you might have guessed by now, my brother and i are poles apart. and yes, i do love him. who wouldnt? (jocelin perhaps) so now my mum's scared that they will somehow get involved and use a baby to threaten her to let him quit school and get married. i'm not surprised. but of course, i think he would have enough sense to use a condom. dont tell me it's not foolproof.

but when i suggested that she asks him to bring her home for dinner, she looked at me as if i just told her i threw 10 million bucks down the sea. "what! and what if they do something funny at home?" so i have to shut up and live in agony since i cant yell back at her.

so now he's just returned.

and arguing with my mum. god. if you exist, save me. haha.
and hell, i'm sitting on the fence for this one. i'm secretly hoping brother wins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home