hu Beneath The Masks: equality

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Thursday, June 23, 2005

equality

The fact is, equality has never been attained although we strive for it over the years. Sure, the gaps may have been narrowed in terms of equality among sexes, but not enough. Not enough.

Men should not have higher pay.
Women should not have certain legal rights – what’s the point of being protected by the woman’s charter if I demand to be treated equally?
Having sex with boys under 16 should be deemed illegal.

But that’s not the disturbing part.

I fear that the wealth level between the rich and poor is widening.
I don’t mean just within the country. I mean globally.. all this war and stuff. China is rising, but its disgustingly cheap currency is killing everyone else.
So that’s like not fair.
Or the US interest rates and currency unbalance. When is it going to depreciate?
I don’t know.

Is equality good? I don’t think so. equality means we wont have the incentive to improve. we wont innovate. why should we care?

But how are we supposed to help those devastatingly poor?
People are suffering from famine. We’re running out of resources. Politicians are still sitting back and praying that climatic change wont affect them.

I’m praying that I wont live to see this world turn into something I don’t like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home