hu Beneath The Masks: Happy Birthday Jocelin!

Beneath The Masks

WHERE PEOPLE REVEAL THEMSELVES

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Happy Birthday Jocelin!

I stopped writing letters on people's birthdays when i saw Hazel cry.

I didnt like that feeling - i didnt know what went wrong.

Perhaps it was our punishment for not cherishing this friendship. Maybe we didnt care enough.
Maybe she lost faith. Maybe we lost faith.
I'm not so sure anymore.

The 1/4 days were the best years of my life. We had Wenhao back then. We had Mac breakfasts. We had "Zachery smiled at me" contest. We had stone benches and gazebos and five stones that landed in Yonghao's milo.

We had the silliest grins.

We hated Verma, we passed notes in history lessons, and we were scared of Eddie Tan who were screaming at the Year 2s everytime we go for science class.

But everything didnt matter cos we stuck together.
Jocelin skipped CCAs with me.
Lena smacked me with her hair.
Guirong was just there to keep everything "under control". (I'm so glad you got rid of that hairband)

Were we ever afraid of anything?

It's amazing what incredible friends i have.
Sometimes they grow onto you without you even realising it.

Even if we dont share the same interests or beliefs, we share part of lives together. I swear I've spent the night with them (under one roof la) at least once.

If that counts for something.

Maybe we dont meet up as often as we used to.

In some hidden place in my heart, i think - i know that these people will never fail to be there for me when i need them.


And that's enough to brighten up my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home